The Waffle Story!


Manisha Saraf Solar the person behind this growing Waffle Tree! Located at Powai near the old market road. One weekday I planned to a trip with my girlie. After my dinner at Madeira and Mime it was almost 11.40pm and this place shuts at 12.00 am so I gave a call to check whether they would entertain these two ladies. So very quickly I headed directly at the billing counter to place my order without checking anything around.





I speak to this lovely lady and realise that she owns this place which was her dream. The interiors were bright and lively with frames about waffles and wallpapers with waffle photos around a tree. There is seating available and i liked those wooden seats. Here we not only get sweet waffles but also waffle sliders and waffle salads.  Very sweetly she says "don't worry we shall keep the outlet open and take your last order".


I asked her to suggest me what to order. She suggested me the Shahi Tukda which was their hot seller. So I ordered for it along with milk chocolate one. What to do my tummy always asks for more. 😉 

Manisha Saraf Solar - Owner and Baker

Curious person that I am, I started interacting with her about her venture. She wants this baby of hers to grow and mature like a tree which she started in April 2017 . She has been baking cakes and other stuff  since 15 years at her Matunga central kitchen and now with her family motivation she started this venture.  She challenges that she bakes one of the best eggless cakes. She has also done her course to bake waffles in Australia for that perfection.


Here comes  my 1st order which was the milk chocolate waffle. Usually we eat waffles with a fork and a knife but here they serve it in a sandwich form which does not dirty our hands. She mentioned that she tries to deliver them to nearby places in 10 mins so one can eat it warm. Cold waffles are tasteless and don't give you the exact flavours and feeling how it should be.

Milk Chocolate Waffle
I found the milk chocolate waffle quite regular may be I should have tried the dark chocolate or my favourite classic waffle with maple syrup. The base was so good that one cannot figure that it was an eggless waffle.


And lalalala.. Comes the Shahi Tukda Waffle. OMG! I have never had such a combination. A traditional Indian sweet in a fusion form of waffle. I was so excited to see the way it was made. Shahi tukda is actually an Indian sweet with Rabdi and dry fruits topped over a fried bread. This Shahi tukda was with a twist. Rabri smeared all over the waffle with pieces of Gulab Jamuns, pistachios sprinkled, topped with rose syrup. This was something different in the variety of waffles I have tried so far. Their waffles are almost like a sandwich easy to eat. The sweetness of gulab jamun and rabri was well balanced with the savoury waffle base.

Click on the link below this image - Shahi Tukda waffle to see how it is made.

Shahi Tukda Waffle

I am also excited to try their waffle sliders, "visitors say they are better than the aloo tikki burger at Mcdonalds".  

Menu for my Readers
Their Naughty Nutella and Churro style baked (instead of fried ones) Waffle is what I would try the next time. 




"This place is not only for desserts but you can have your meal" says Manisha. So you need not go for dinner somewhere else. Go grab your Waffle!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Legacy of Traditional Food and Family Recipes

Phulrani - The Joy Ride

Jade Raven!!