Momo for Me

I have always loved Dumplings and my mouth waters when it comes to steamed momos. In Mumbai except we pay some hefty price for it but this is a pocket friendly option when it comes to momos. Obviously I am not referring to the ones we get on street. Some friend of mine shared a link to this place “Dumpling Khang” and I see Santacruz East which I never visit being a complete spoilt townie. It was far from my house but I thought should go once to try for the love of momos. Ms. Shreejana Rai, who started this place in Mumbai with all her passion, brings in the Tibetan and Bhutanese flavours to Mumbai. The very kind and warm lady who I met for the first time has kept up her charm to this place.

Ambience: It’s a very tiny outlet more like a hidden gem with 3 stools for seating both the sides and one small table on one side. It is a non Ac outlet but they have kept a standing fan to make us feel comfortable. The owner made sure that the place maintained hygiene standards. 

Food: The menu was limited since it is a Momo outlet but that makes me wish to try everything on it. So I took the charge of ordering food as usual I prefer to do that. Ha-ha!

My recent trek to the mountains made me want to relive the moment so I ordered some soups.

















Thupka - Soupy Noodles with Chicken and veggies. Which is good but something better was coming up. 

Bathup - Chicken Soupy Noodles with veggies. The noodles were flat and handmade. I really loved it. I just imagined me having this on a chilly winter evening or a rainy day. 






Momo Burger – served with their in-house schezwan southwest peanut sauce. Oh I so loved the fried momos, lettuce, mayo, in-house sauce, toasted burger. I felt like taking the sauces home.



Safalay - stuffed with Chicken. So fresh, flavoursome. Served with hot schezwan dip

Finally the Chicken Momos - served with southwest dip and schezwan dip. Infact, I liked all the other things more than the momos. 


The portions are adequate in terms of cost and decent amount of filling. 

They do have other food options too and also prawns dimsums as well but we need to order them in advance. 

Hospitality and Value: Khang means robust or hearty one' is what I had read it somewhere. Very warm and welcoming host Ms. Shreejana Rai made sure she makes us and our tummy happy. It was value for money and a pocket friendly affair.

The Tasting Tummy Says: Brilliant place for Momos In Mumbai! I will visit again for sure and recommend friends to try this place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Legacy of Traditional Food and Family Recipes

Phulrani - The Joy Ride

Jade Raven!!