The Bengali Connection

It was late in the evening and me and a close friend were super hungry.. We both were in search of yoko sizzlers in chembur and there we read Bhojohori Manna somewhere around that area. Since a while i wanted to try Good bengali cuisine. My eyes sparkled and taste buds started salivating. So damn excited entered, this restaurant which is near diamond garden in chembur.

Ambience:

Small and homely space with warm decor having wooden floor and yellow walls. Easily can accommodate 3 couples and 4 families. The seating had wooden tables with a regular combination of sofa and chair. A TV screen in front of the door which could be viewed from all tables. Since it was a weekday and late almost 10.30 pm I guess we got the seat keeping in mind the space.

Food:

We ordered Betki kabiraji cutlet for starters which is a cutlet fried in flaky egg batter. Betki stuffed was mildly sour to taste and it melted in my mouth. The flaky egg batter could have been tastier than it tasted, but I liked it. This was served with mustard sauce which was sour, tangy with a tinge of spice. I really loved the mustard dip. This dish was priced at Rs. 175/-

Then comes the Egg roll. This order cannot be skipped because I went with someone who is an egg lover. The roll was tasty with the typical chat masala and a dash bit of sweetness. I have noticed that Bengali cuisine has a dash of sweetness. I wished it had extra egg stuffing the way I like. It was priced at Rs. 55/-

For main course I wanted to try biryani so we called for Nababi Dhakai Chicken Dum Biryani. The biryani was flavorful and wholesome; it was mildly spiced with an essence of Mughlai Edible attar. The chicken was succulent and juicy with good amount of spices infused. Biryani was priced at Rs. 240/- The difference between the special and the normal one is only that the special one has 2 chicken pieces.

Along with the Biryani we ordered Chicken Kosha, this was with semi gravy and chicken with bone. Well marinated and spiced and again a tinch of sweetness. Oh I so love this sweetness in Bengali cuisine, I guess which makes Bengalis sweeter, being too clichéd. Again there was a prominent flavor of edible attar which I enjoy. This dish was priced at Rs. 175/-

Hospitality and Value:

There were Bengali 2 waiters very sweet and took our order lovingly with a smile. Good hospitality. The closing hours are 11 pm and we were relishing food till almost 11.45 pm but still they were on their toes and happy to serve. Meal for 2 approximately Rs. 1000/- with desserts.

The Tasting Tummy Says : Liked Bhojohori Manna will definitely return again and also recommend it to friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Legacy of Traditional Food and Family Recipes

Phulrani - The Joy Ride

Jade Raven!!